9-15 State Championships - Boys & Girls
1. Before your first game you will need to hand in a roster with the players and coach card number, the
team name and grade, the coaches phone number and the coaches E-Mail. If we do not receive this roster
completed the next game is a forfeit. Once the roster is handed in it will be listed on our website and you
will not hand in another roster at other events, unless there are changes.
2. All games consist of two 17 minutes halves, with the clock stopping on all shooting fouls, and all dead
balls the last two minutes of each half.
3. Four timeouts per game. Two full and two thirty second timeouts. They carry over to the 2nd half.
4. Overtimes as follows: 1st overtime---two minutes, 2nd overtime is sudden death with the first team to score.
5. There is a four minute warm-up and a four minute halftime.
6. Players can only play for one team in the same age group.
7. 3rd grade through 6th grade can either use a regular size ball or a women's size ball. If either coach wants the women's
size ball it will be used.
8. In cases of three way ties for first in the boys division winner will be determined by dropping the score fo the 4th place team
and then adding plus or minus points against the other two teams up to 15 points. In the girls division you include all scores against
teams in the pool plus or minus up to 15 points.
9. Each team will provide a scorekeeper who will sit next to the clock at the game.
10. Any coach or player ejected from the game WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NEXT GAME.
11.The cost is $3.00 for adults, ages 7-17 is $2.00 and seniors and under 6 free per day. Players in uniform and two coaches per team are free.
12. COACHES, PLEASE DO NOT RUN UP THE SCORE ON ANY TEAM THAT YOU PLAY. TEACH YOUR PLAYERS
THE IMPORTANCE OF RESPECTING PLAYERS FROM THE OTHER TEAM. YOU SHOULD ALSO MAKE SURE
PARENTS ARE UNDER CONTROL. THEY SHOULD ALSO BE AN EXAMPLE TO THE PLAYERS.
13 Any questions call Scott Briggs at 801-381-3009.
14. WHEN COMPETING IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS THE FORMAT IS AS FOLLOWS. EACH
TEAM WILL PLAY THE TEAMS IN THEIR POOL. AFTER POOL PLAY THE FIRST AND SECOND PLACE
MOVE TO THE DIVISION I CHAMPIONSHIPS AND COMPETE IN A SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT.
THE THRID AND FOURTH PLACE TEAMS MOVE TO THE DIVISION II CHAMPIONSHIPS AND COMPETE
IN A SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT. GOLD AND SILVER MEDALS WILL BE AWARDED IN